70 min, 25 min prep, 12 servings, vegetarian
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 3” deep, 9” x 13” ceramic or glass baking dish.
2. Mix buttermilk, ¼ cup melted butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Stir in blueberries.
4. Using a second bowl, whisk the ﬂours, cane sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry until barely combined. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. When cake is almost done, combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
6. When cake comes out of the oven, use a wooden skewer to poke deep holes all over its surface. Then spoon the warm glaze evenly over the cake. Cool before serving.