25 min prep, 50 min cook, 4-6 servings vegetarian Soup
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and ground coriander. Sauté for two minutes.
3. Add stock, carrots, and parsnips. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
4. See below to prepare your croutons.
5. Stir grated ginger and ginger juice into vegetable mixture.
6. Puree mixture until smooth with a hand-held blender, or in batches in a blender or food processor.
7. Return soup to saucepan; add cream and heat through.
8. Garnish soup with crème fraiche, fresh cilantro, chives, and top with Sweet Ginger Croutons. Croutons
1. Stir butter and ginger spread in a large saucepan on medium heat, just until melted.
2. Add bread cubes, and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
3. Bake croutons for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Check and stir several times to prevent burning.