Chip Crusted Black Drum Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2.Prepare a baking sheet.
3.Cut fish into four equal-size pieces.
4.Combine duck fat and coconut milk to create the dredging liquid.
5.Use your hands to finely grind the tortilla chips into breadcrumb sized pieces. This should take about 5 minutes if working consistently. Add pepper to the chips.
6.Dunk your fish portions into the dredging liquid, coating all sides, and roll through the finely ground chips in order to completely coat the fish.
7. Place the chip-breaded fish portions onto the baking sheet, and bake at 450 F for 10-12 minutes or until the chips have turned golden brown.
8.Remove from oven, let cool slightly and place onto a bed of citrus slaw. Garnish with sliced peppers and use aioli as a condiment. Serve!
Red Citrus Slaw Instructions
1. Add agave nectar, avocado oil, orange juice, lime juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro to a blender and blend until smooth to form dressing.
2.Toss cabbage in citrus dressing.
3.Let sit in refrigerator, covered, for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4.Finish with orange zest
Lemon Aioli Instructions
1. Create an acid base by putting mustard and lemon juice into a small mixing bowl.
2.Add egg yolks and whisk until ingredients are combined.
3. Slowly add the oil to the acid base and quickly whisk as you add it. Work incrementally, making sure the oil has been completely emulsified before adding more.
4.Once all the oil has been whisked in, whisk in the garlic.
5. Season with salt and pepper.